| Environmental Assessment/Regulatory Impact Review for Amendment 45 to the Fishery Management Plan for Groundfish of the Gulf of Alaska and the Associated Regulatory Amendment to Combine the Third and Fourth Quarterly Pollock Allowances in the Western and Central Regulatory Areas of the Gulf of Alaska - :18189 | National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS)
Stacks Logo
Advanced Search
Select up to three search categories and corresponding keywords using the fields to the right. Refer to the Help section for more detailed instructions.
 
 
Help
Clear All Simple Search
Advanced Search
Environmental Assessment/Regulatory Impact Review for Amendment 45 to the Fishery Management Plan for Groundfish of the Gulf of Alaska and the Associated Regulatory Amendment to Combine the Third and Fourth Quarterly Pollock Allowances in the Western and Central Regulatory Areas of the Gulf of Alaska
  • Published Date:
    2009
Filetype[PDF-123.70 KB]


Details:
  • Personal Authors:
  • Description:
    At its September 1995 meeting, the North Pacific Fishery Management Council received a proposal from representatives of the Gulf of Alaska (GOA) pollock fishery to combine the third and fourth quarterly pollock allowances in the Western and Central (W/C) Regulatory Areas of the GOA. Under this proposal, the first and second quarterly allowances would remain unchanged; 25 percent of the total allowable catch (TAC) on January 1 and 25 percent of the TAC on June 1. However, the third and fourth quarterly allowances would be combined into a third seasonal allowance of 50 percent of the TAC. This original proposal contained a September 15 opening date for the final combined seasonal allowance. However, representatives for Bering Sea-based processors and vessels objected to scheduling a Western Regulatory Area pollock opening in September because it would conflict with the Bering Sea non-roe season.

  • Document Type:
  • Main Document Checksum:
No Related Documents.
You May Also Like: