| Environmental assessment, specification of annual catch limits and accountability measures for Pacific Islands spiny lobster fisheries in fishing years 2015-2018 - :12934 | National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) | National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
Stacks Logo
Advanced Search
Select up to three search categories and corresponding keywords using the fields to the right. Refer to the Help section for more detailed instructions.
 
 
Help
Clear All Simple Search
Advanced Search
Environmental assessment, specification of annual catch limits and accountability measures for Pacific Islands spiny lobster fisheries in fishing years 2015-2018
  • Published Date:
    2015
Filetype[PDF-2.74 MB]


Details:
  • Corporate Authors:
    American Samoa, Department of Marine and Wildlife Resources, ; American Samoa Coastal Management Program ; Guam, Division of Aquatic and Wildlife Resources, ; ... More ▼
  • Description:
    The Western Pacific Fishery Management Council (Council) recommended that NMFS specify multi-year annual catch limits (ACL) and accountability measures (AM) effective in fishing years 2015-2018, the environmental effects of which are analyzed in this document. NMFS proposes to implement the specifications for fishing year 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 separately prior to each fishing year. The specifications pertain to ACL for spiny lobster fisheries in federal waters of the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ; generally 3-200 nautical miles or nm) around American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), Guam, and the main Hawaiian Islands (MHI), and a post-season accountability measure (AM) to correct the overage of an ACL if it occurs. For the American Samoa spiny lobster fishery, the proposed ACL is 4,845 lb and is associated with a probability of overfishing of less than 35 percent. For the CNMI spiny lobster fishery, the proposed ACL is 7,410 lb and is associated with a probability of overfishing of 30 percent. For the Guam spiny lobster fishery, the proposed ACL is 3,135 lb and is associated with a probability of overfishing of less than 35 percent. For the MHI spiny lobster fishery, the proposed ACL is 15,000 lb and is associated with a probability of 2 overfishing of 25 percent. The fishing year for spiny lobster fisheries in all island areas begins January 1 and ends December 31 annually. Unless modified by NMFS, the ACLs and AMs would be applicable in fishing years 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Each fishing year, spiny lobster catches from both local state/territorial waters (generally from the shoreline to three miles offshore), and federal waters of the EEZ would be counted towards the specified ACL for each island area.

  • Document Type:
No Related Documents.
You May Also Like: